Christ Lutheran Church, at a moments notice, shifted worship from in-person to online in March of 2020, engaging our members in an online environment like we never had before. At that time, we made major modifications to our campus and policies to ensure worshippers would be able to return safely. On May 31, 2020, we were allowed by San Diego County guidelines to move back inside. On July 19, 2020, we shifted to outdoor worship to follow San Diego County guidance.
We are committed to providing in-person worship and other activities that fosters the overall health of worshippers, staff, and the community we serve. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan is based on evidence that is currently available, and will be monitored and changed accordingly as new information or situations arise. In creating this plan, Christ Lutheran Church has carefully considered the available guidelines and will lean most heavily on the medical advice from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the California Department of Public Health.
As a brief overview, here is some of what you can expect at Christ Lutheran Church:
- Live-streaming of worship will be made available
- Face coverings and other essential protective gear will be worn by all on campus
- Heath screenings for staff at the beginning of each day
- Regular COVID-19 testing of staff
- Worship reservations and signs ups for other events for contact-tracing purposes (in the event of someone at worship testing positive for COVID, we will contact everyone in attendance directly)
As the Coronavirus Pandemic continues to change aspects of daily life, Christ Lutheran will continue to adapt as needed. If you have additional questions, please contact our Church Office.