What Does Coming Back Look Like?
Per the San Diego County Health Department, Christ Lutheran Church has been allowed to reopen beginning on May 31st. We want to let you know that we are following all necessary guidelines to keep you safe. Here are some of the guidelines we are following:
- Worship will be limited to 100 people in each service. You can reserve spots for worship at christlamesa.org/reservation. You must have a reservation to attend at this time.
- Face masks required for all worshippers over age 2. These are to be worn from when you exit your car until you return to your car.
- Please do not arrive earlier than 15 minutes before your reserved service slot begins.
- Every other row in the sanctuary will be blocked off for seating. Please honor physical distancing.
- Cry Room, coffee, doughnuts, and fellowship time will be suspended until further notice to limit contact.
- All staff and volunteers involved with the service will do temperature checks each day. Any staff or volunteer with a temperature over 100 degrees will be sent home.
- Worship will be shorter. We anticipate services to be 45 minutes during this time.
- As you exit, you can leave your offering in an offering plate. They will not be passed around during worship.
- Communion will be different. Pastor Travis Ferguson and Pastor Richard Burkey will distribute communion while wearing masks and gloves. The bread will be dropped into your hand, and you may move your mask down to receive the bread and wine.
- We will not have worship bulletins. You can find a "virtual bulletin" online at christlamesa.org/bulletin to easily follow along. We will also have the entire service on the screen to give you the words to sing, the scripture lessons to read, etc.
- Bathrooms will be limited to one person at a time (exception: parent/guardian with young child).
- We ask if you feel sick in anyway, you remain home. You can still join us for church at home no matter where you are!
- If you feel more comfortable staying home right now, that's okay! You are still a vital part of our church family, and we will be providing worship resources online.